Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday 27th September

An early start as we headed out to Halswell Quarry for the last planting of the year.  I went outside and was surprised to see Silverfox waiting.  He was soon followed by Bugs.  We headed around to the bottom of Rapaki rd where we were met by Dozer.  We started the climb up.  I knew it was gonna be a struggle for me after weeks of bugs.  We climbed steadily all the way.  Silvefox had some gear trouble and while a regroup happened at the gate I pushed on slowly.  We were all together as we started the last climb.  Now I had gear failure as my seat dropper played up.  The others ambled on while I got out the 100mph tape.  Worked a treat and I then pushed on after the others.  A regroup and then up over the Vernon Track.  I lost ground over here.  Around the traverse which was a good blast then dropped into Thompsons and headed for the Sign of the Kiwi.  Up the road and because we had been slower (Thanbks to me) we skipped Marleys and went straight onto Kennedys.  Everyman for himself as we headed down here.  Bouncing all the way.  Over the fence 2 went left up the track while the other two went up the fatm track.  Then down the single track which offered some surprises with some chunky ruts.  Straight into the crocidile finally I started to close the gap on the others.  Regrouped and continued down eventually showing up at the planting right on time. Phatboy showed up later after having gone up Dyers Pass and down Kennedys.  Tinkerbell arrived by car just in time to miss the planting.  Job done time for the road ride back along cashmere rd at a good clip.  Silverfox peeling off at  Hoonhay Rd while we went on to cups of tea at the roadies stop.  Dozer peeled off at Barrington while Bugs and I finished the ride home.  Good to survive the ride.

No comments: