Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tuesday 1st March

To go riding or not was the questin for me.  Felt tired and pretty awful but in the end I drove upto Upper Major Hornbrook to find Dozer, Bugs and Phatboy waiting.  Unloaded my bike as Tinkerbell and Silverfox arrived.  We then started the ascent of John Brittain at a pretty steady pace.  My fastest time up here in a while.  Then into Upper John Brittain we headed and across the rocky section and out to the road.  Up the Mt Pleasant Track (via the new bit) and grunted upto the aerials.  Feeling somewhat better than I was.  maybe just needed the grunt and the ride.  We then headed down most of us taking the new direct line down.  A first for me.  We got some order over the stile and I was hard on Buggsies tale for the first bit and then......I nearly came off.  Recovered but had lost ground on Bugs.  Chased on down to a regroup above Greenwood.  Off we went getting ahead of some other riders and then it was non stop down..well actually I fecked up the rock in Gloomy Gulch and again the 2 rocks at the end but other than that it was enjoyable for everyone.  Up the road I started by myself as I was the slow one.  Others caught me but climbed steadily.  At the start of John Brittain I led off having a blast going down.  Let it rip and got to the van in no time at all.  Had to rush off and I believe some or all the others went for a beer.

 http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1366013515

No comments: