Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday March 5th

Dozer, Bugs and I gathered in front of my place and we headed off around Hansens Park then climbed Gruntsbury.  Stopped at the Aotea Tce stopping point for a wee moment before continuing ever upwards.  Brief rest in the shade at the top of the Tarmac.  Watched a car load of bikers arrive and unload before they started up ahead of us.  We then continued up the 2 steeper sections of gravel pulling them in.  Up we rode.  In the last steep climb a couple of these lads sprinted past me only to have to stop for a rest.  Anyhow we regrouped at the top before heading around the traverse.  halfway around I got a phone call.  The others carried on.  Finally I got restarted and pushed along until we regrouped in the pines at the tops of Vic Park.  Down from here through the Rock Garden, The Gums into Dazza and then for a change we did the East side Track.  A few technical bits before we headed down and then up Hidden Valley to Old skool.  Bugs led off down here then Dozer and I.  As we went down the gap between us all pulled out as Dozer and I dropped back to keep the visibility happening in the dust.  Good run down here.  Enjoyed.  From here a cruise to Fava for a snack before heading home.  Nice ride beating the heat.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1370585661

No comments: