Monday, February 1, 2016

Sunday 31st January

Mellonfarmer, Dozer and Silverfox all showed up at mine ready to go.  Phatboy showed up sporting his headband with no helmet......oops lucky I had a spare.  We headed around the road and started the grind up Rapaki. Others all slightly quicker than me.  At the first gate everyone stopped to delayer where needed while I grunted on past at my snail pace.  Mellonfarmer chased me down and we rode on starting our way up the last steep section.  He passed me followed by Phatboy then Dozer and Silverfox rode up and past me.  Not a lot of distance at the top but I thought I should continue on over Vernon ahead of them.  While they rested I continued actually getting to the start of the Traverse ahead of them all.  Regrouped and then Mellonfarmer led off followed by Phatboy, me, Dozer and Silverfox.  Good run around here but the runners need to get further off the track.  We passed a group that looked like a couple of riders had fallen.  Down Thompson's and then up the road to the top of Worsley.  Laughing at some of the efforts being put into the Pioneers Races.  Down the body bag then up to the top of the forest.  It was pretty greasy in spots.  We followed Mellonfarmer down his new track only to find it greasy.  For some we were not prepared to ride it so it was walk and ride with the occasional slide.  Finally got to the bottom then up to the exit tracks which were all cool then down the road to far side.  Silverfox had headed down the road and the rest of us just took whatever track suited us.  From here it was the normal ride around the river with us separating at New World St Martins.  Ok ride but I felt like I was riding poorly all the way.


No comments: