Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday14th February

The boys arrived at mine for an 8.38 start.  They were Macgyver, Mellonfarmer, Silverfox, Dozer, Bugs and Phatboy.  We then trundled our way around Hansens Park and started the grind up the hill at an ok pace.  Not our fastest and I took up the tailend Charlie for most of it.  Finally got to the top where we encourage a lovely sight to take the top line around the Traverse.We headed over Vernon at a nice steady pace taking the old top line where we changed positions as I passed Silverfox on the hairpin and caught up to Dozer and Bugs.  Stayed hard on them to the bottom hairpins where I took the shortcut to keep momentum.  Up over Witch Hill with me dragging the chain.  Cleared most of this and then up the tarmac to Castle Hill.  I dropped in behind Mellonfarmer having a great run down here with Bugs catching me on the uphill.  from here we headed around the road under the Gondola and along the cliff face (pleased we were not here when the quake hit because I would of shat myself)  from here Bugs went up the steep of Mt Pleasant while Dozer, Macgyver, Phatboy and Mellonfarmer took the new line in.  Silverfox followed me along John Britain track.  We had a good run and entered Greenwood by the original line.  gave it a push a we arrived at the ruins ahead of the others.  Quick break before we headed down.  I dropped in behind Bugs and just after the first rocks my phone rung.  The wife on a non urgent matter.  Now I was way behind so I set out to get down as quick as I could.  No chance of catching.  An ok run down.  From here we headed down Ct Thomas which as always was a good blast.  Down to Dot Com for drinks.  Silverfox headed off to an event.  We dined before cruising back along the road with Phatboy peeling off first, then Bugs.  Home by 12.30.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1345507769

No comments: