Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tuesday 2nd February

I loaded the bike and headed up to the meeting point on Upper Major Hornbrook.  Feeling quite grotty.  Surprised when I got there to finf The Silverfox waiting.  2 rides in a row.  Bugs showed up shortly thereafter and a brief chat about motorbikes followed.  I headed up to the track and waited.  Eventually the others started to ride and I dropped in behind them.  A steady climb with me feeling tired and slow.  Up we went straight into Upper Brittain track and then at the pine tree I went high the others went low and had to stop for a ride.  I raced through this section feeling somewhat better and then regrouped at the start of the side entrance to Mt Pleasant.  grunted up here feeling somewhat better.  Finally at the top.  I dropped down the short line while the others took the normal line and dropping down a new steep track. I flew down the the next grassy section and waited for the others.  Bugs had stopped for some brake issues.  Into Greenwood and I had a great run down here.  Hard on Bugs rear wheel.  He nearly had a big dab at the mat leading off the boardwalk but recovered with some foot work so I dropped back briefly then sarted to push.  At the steep rock run I had a large moment but somehow managed to save myself.  Back into the chase gaining as I went then the rocks where neither of us made the first and from there it was down to the road.  Silverfox was not far behind and we happy three started up the road at a steady pace. better pace than I thought I would maintain.  Bac into the downhill run of J Brittain.  Once again hard on Bugs wheel and only dropping back when he started going wide and having a moment.  Nice finish.  Down for a beer and then home.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1331767653

No comments: