Friday, March 15, 2013

Thursday 14th March

Rubberjaws went for a test ride to see how his wrist would hold out.  I headed out the gate at 5.35 for a road ride up a hill.  headed round the river via Hansens Park then onto Ramahana Rd, left onto Aotea Tce then left onto Huntsbury Ave.  I rode this til the end of the tarmac before coming back down with an added twist and turn amongst the houses at the top.  From here it was a quick blast down the hill and back through Hansens and home.  I pushed myself hard all the way.  Wrist ached a bit especially when I stood iin the pedals.  The whole ride took only 35 minutes gate to gate so I have not lost too much speed.  Will do another road ride on Sunday up St Andrews, may even do the easy single track to the summit before coming back down.  If this works I will be ready for some loops of the Nun on Tuesday and then will head out the following Sunday to redo (reclaim) the ride that did me in.

No comments: