Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunday 24th March

A return to the scene of my crash.  Tinkerbell and Silverfox picked me up and we drove around and up to the top of Evans Pass.  Here we were met by Sandals, Bugs, Dozer and then Nelsie and Mellonfarmer.  I rode in circles while everyone got ready then headed up the track to just above the first 2 bites.  Not warmed up so lungs and heart bursting.  Shortly there after the others followed.  I was pleased to see that they were all breathing as hard as I was.  From here the terrible twosome led off.  I gave chase holding onto them nearly followed by Bugs, Tinkerbell, etc.  An awesome run really and we regrouped at the top by the cattlestop.  Sandals came up last and led off without stopping.  We gave her some space then gave chase.  Good run down here but blinked once and lost vision briefly, Bugs had same problem with watery eyes.  Carried straight on up the otherside towards 2 cracks point, passing Sandals along the way.  At 2 cracks point some guy had gone over the handlebars.  What a coincidence.  Continued on having a good run.  From here I led off above the road taking the guys along the new sidle line.  Nelsie and Mellonfarmer were virgins so we broke them in (and they enjoyed it) and I mean virgins to the track!!.  Fast flow down to the Godley carpark then back around under the road.  Great run again.  Then it was a quick up and over and then the long climb up from here.  Toodled up here with mellonfarmer stopping to chat to a friend.  At the top we had a regroup and eventually Mellonfarmer showed up after having broken his chain.  We also chatted with a group  from Canterbury MTB club.  Then it was a fast run down to Evans Pass before the climb up Greenwood.  This went faster than I expected.  Unfortunately I can not claim to having cleaned it.  I dabbed a few times and even pushed around a few rocks but did much better than in the past.  At the top regroup I was pleasantly stuffed and bailed on going up over Mt Pleasant.  In fact everyone agreed except the terrible twosome.  They headed straight up for a there and back again ride.  We waited a bit then headed down with  Bugs leading followed by Tinkerbell, then me then Dozer, Silverfox and Sandals.  Great run down here, Tinks got a good start but from then on I either held the distance or closed up a bit.  Cleaned the rocks and down to the end.  Good ride but felt stuffed.  Do I blame the warm , airless conditions, lack of stamina from the accident or the piss from the night before.  No it was just a good honest ride with lotsa grunty ups.  back to Dot Com for coffee before heading home by 1.

No comments: