Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday 17th March

I woke early with a slightly fuzzy brain.  Oh thats right late night excess  with a few during and after the rugby which our Crusaders won.  I was going to do a solo trundle up St Andrews but Silverfox persuaded me to join the team while I was under the influence, so I rode around to the scout den at the bottom of Rapaki.  Here I met Silverfox, Tinkerbell, then Texas and shortly thereafter Dozer.  We agreed to head up Crapaki.  I was expecting to take our time and they all agreed.  So I rode beside Tinkerbell up to the middle flat section.  Here the conversation was how quick we came up the hill, me saying "thanks for taking it easy" then Tinks saying "I let you set the pace" and I thought feck should of ridden slower.  Anyway we slowed for Texas and then went up the last section.  Now this was much tougher on me and my energy was flagging by time we neared the top.  Lucky for me I ran into someone I knew so stopped and chatted to her while I caught my breath before joining the lads at the top.  My hand was doing ok at this stage.  I led off over Mt Vernon motorway.  yes Motorway.  Not a rock to roll over as it is all smooth.  Ok for the new riders who will ride this but it does mean we get to the good stuff at  Vic much quicker.  Regrouped at the road crossing by the Traverse track. A rider went through and I thought we should give chase.  I caught up just past the 2nd cattlestop and passed before blasting around to our usual regroup section.  She managed to be not to far behind me in the end.  She carried on while I waited for the others. My wrist was aching after a few bumps along the way.  We headed towards Vic.  As it was only 10.15 the guys were keen for more riding but I decided that my wrist had had enough so I split from the group and Texas followed me.  The other 3 headed towards Marleys (Tinks promised to give an update which is now added below) while we headed down hill.  Worked our way through the Rock garden, the Gums, Shazzas, 4wd beside Brents the down bridges, Flow etc and out.  Stuffed I was but better for the ride.  5 weeks since my last ride and that  was only about 2km before I fell off.

And Tinkerbell says, ‘After splitting up from the top of Vic Park, Dozer, SilverFox and Tinkerbell rode on…down Thompsons to the Kiwi, around and up to the top of Worsleys. SilverFox stopped to admire the view while Dozer and Tinks rode a quick loop of the Nun…which resulted in Dozer getting a flat tyre just before the end of the top half of the Nun.
Back on the road again (as Willie Nelson wisely put it) and up to meet SilverFox, before heading down the Body Bag, back up to B Line and down the old school B Line. From here was a cruise down the rest of Worsleys Hill…SilverFox headed home on a mission while Dozer and Tinks stopped for coffee’.
The End :o)

No comments: