Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wednesday 16th January

Normal blogs will begin now.

I collected The Cook and Bugs, then headed up to Upper Major Hornbrook where we met Dozer and Tinkerbell.  I was about to bust in my new virgin front wheel (which matches my new rear wheel).  I led up the Lower JB track.  Bigger gear was used so it felt good.  We turnt right into the main John B track with me trying to loop t so no stopping.  Up to the top for a quick regroup before finishing the track and down to the New Mt Pleasant track.  Leading up here felt good but stopped for a mini regroup at the top of the steep stretch.  From all it was pumping to the top.  Was I faster, I felt it but one never knows.  We then regrouped before the down.  The Cook was struggling with an injury from the weekend but pushed on.  The down was great, cleaning it all, swooping through the tussocks really starting to work out the fastest way to ride on this track then left onto the Greenwood entrance.  1 little dab.  We regrouped at the start.  The Cook decided to head home as it was downhill from here while the rest of us reversed the track.  I led with Tinks charging after me.  Pumped hard then up the hill.  I dabbed twice which pissed me off.  Dozer not happy hitting every rock.  Walked the last rock section before over the fence and to the top.  Still 1 section here that I need to work out.  The guys took off while I closed the gate.  Chasing hard I finally caught Dozer, but was not able to catch the others.  JB and down.  Bugs taking a straight line approach from the top so chasing hard then cutting a corner near the bottom to catch him.  Fun finish to a great ride.  Even with all the up this track is one I find enjoyable for the challenge.  Wheel did well.  Felt lighter over the rocks, rolled faster.

No comments: