Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tuesday 22nd January

I collected the Cook and headed up to the Sign of the Kiwi where we met, Dozer, Bugs, Tinkerbell, Texas and Phatboy (for only his 2nd ride of the year).  We did a grind to  the top of Marley's ( I managed to keep up with Phatboy) with everyone arriving nearly together and then straight into the 1st run.  This was one of the best actually with Phatboy first, me and then the others breathing down my neck.  Quick time.  Back up for a 2nd loop.  At the top there was a big group  so Phatboy and I sneaked ahead of them.  Me chasing hard until the first of my oopsies (no fall, no dab just caused me to clench) slowed me a little.  Regrouped and up for 3rd lap.  I rode up with The Cook for a cruise.  This run was another good run.Another moment. Back up for the 4th run which was gonna go all the way.  The Cook and Texas waited at the halfway point and joined in after I went past.  This run was awesome and quick.  I nearly went over the edge as I started the bottom half, too fast into a corner, front wheel took a while to bite so I clenched the cheeks again.  Some work has been done in here, some I loved some not so good.  We were feeling so good we went back and did another loop of the bottom half.  This was fast until some downhill moron slowed me down.  Why is a full face helmet and a grunty bike does not make a ride go fast on a downward track?  All felt good.  Coulda, shoulda didn't do another loop but went home feeling great!!

No comments: