Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunday 27th January

I drove round and picked up Bugs before meeting Dozer and Tinkerbell at Dot Com.  Just a small posse.  We headed up Richmond Hill Rd at a steady clip.  It certainly broke the sweat out.  Had a small regroup in the shade before heading onto the dirt.  I led the way over some sheep trails which bypassed the steep climb to the tree.  I thought it was easier but then who am I to really know.  Continued back on the trail to  the top by the shearing sheds and out to the pines.  From here we went the farm track to the start of Greenwood where Tinkerbell led off.  Great blast down here at a good clip.  Dry and rocky, passed Tinks who got a flat (bring on tubeless), while Dozer stopped to help him,  then following Bugs into the rocks.  He wahooed when he cleaned the first and while I looked up I rode into the rock instead of between it.  fail!!  The 2 of us then rode up the first rocky section of Godly and stopped to wait.  Great watching everyone fail on the rocks at the bottom of Greenwood.  When Tinks and Dozer joined us we all headed up and over the tracks.  Bugs having a flyer on the track down to Livingstone Col.  I flew up the next climb (the fastest I ever have. For some reason it just felt easy.) and then straight down the other side. Regrouped briefly and then down the snake.  First time in ages.  I led and was giving chase to a large posse who go a good start.  Caught the  first of them going into all the bermed section then caught the rest on the snake.  A steady but very hot climb out of Taylor's and a bite to eat  and tea at Dot Com.  We were pulling out of Sumner by 12.  Good ride.

No comments: