Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday 30th jan

Bugs, Tinkerbell, Texas, Sandals and I headed up Gruntsbury at a steady pace. Stopped for quick regroups along the way but enjoyed it thoroughly. Bugs was nicknamed Richard rabbit for a while though. Got to the top and headed around the Traverse at a good clip. Caught one guy above Lava Flow, passed him and kept on going. Regrouped at the usual haunt and then a very quick run to the top of Vic. Lotsa cycle and foot traffic on the track. Got good air on the usual jumpy bit. Down into Thompson's with more cycle traffic coming up at us. Stopped for me at The Kiwi with sore gut. Rode to Marley's with Tim Prebble and his girl. Both machines. launched into Marley's with Andrew leading for the first section with me on his heels, then he moved over before the extension and I led on, did not stop at the car park but carried on to Kiwi. Caught this chick who was going well but the pressure of me got to her and after missing the track she pulled over and let me free. Took all the jumps along the way, nice..... and regrouped at Kiwi. Then into lower Dyers track. I flew down here. Bumpy and skittering track as usual. Regrouped then into the skidder sight. Had to stop while I departed to the loo. Thought I might die in the thing. Got back to the team and said "I am going to go straight home from here, sore guts". Continued down Dazzas, where Tinks had a knee and bottom dab, then into Brent's, Yippee I love this gnarly track, then into Flow and New Bridges. Absolutely flying with Tinks on my heels. Regrouped at the start of Hidden Valley where Bugs showed us how to do a controlled skid through the rocks. The rest went up into the valley and I raced home for some relief. I must admit that everyone had a good ride with not much difference in the downhill times or spacing. Great to see. if someone else wrote the blog sometimes it would sound more unbiased.

No comments: