Monday, January 10, 2011

Rubberjaws alone sunday 9th jan

Well no one showed up at camp to join me so I drove around to the Kaiteriteri MTB Park. Fitted in the music plugs to my ears and set off on some easy riding tracks. Started with Salivator then some of Easy Rider onto Bayveiw before taking some unnamed downhill path to the top of Sidewinder and into Swamp Thing. No one else on the track at 7am. Got to the top of Shady Lady and blasted down through some narrow rooty sections and across a little bridge to Revelation. Raced down here to try out some new track since last year. I rode up Ziggy (guess why its called this) then continued up Big Airs (I wonder why this was named Big Airs...tell ya later)to the top before coming back down Big Airs to Revelation. Coming Down big Airs are lots of little yumps and a few bigger ones. I got so airborne on one I thought I was a Air NZ 737. F....ck I thought this can not end well, but as I came back to earth the rear wheel dropped to the ground as I lent forward like a ski jumper and then the front just gently came down. I was whooping and hollering so loud i must of woken the camps below. Returned up Revelation, Glade runner, Swamp Thing, Sidewinder and then whooped and hollered down Half Pipe. Nice ride to end my holiday. Went swimming at Split Apple Rock later.

1 comment:

swtchbckr said...

welcome home Rubberjws