Friday, January 21, 2011

Tuesday 20th Jan

Never wear long pants on an uphill is the tip for the weak as it makes pedaling harder. Now that is done the ride. Picked up Silverfox and headed to the Marleys car park. Dallas and Bugs were there followed soon by Phatboy and Junior and as we were about to head up the hill Dozer squealed in. Up to the top and then we headed down in the order of Junior, Phatboy, me then the others. Junior was gone then Phatboys bottle dropped out of the cage nearly causing me to bail. Continued on having the worst ride down here for a while. Regrouped at the cars where most shared the opinion that wow, "that was bad riding." Back for another run. This time same order until I cut a corner and got in front of Phatboy who had to chase to keep up. Better run by all of us. Back up again this time Silverfox, Bugs and Dallas got the jump on us all. I decided to try and catch at least one of them with Dozer hot on my heels. Wow, went over a jumpy bit and all 3 were pulled to the side for some reason (turned out that the Fox had a flat), kept going flat out getting as much in the way of jumps as I could, track was flowing now and I was loving it. Dozer not far behind all the way to the cars. Junior was 3rd out and then the others except the Fox. He said go for another run. Junior headed down and then into Vic for a downhill run cos Phatboy was gonna pick him up, while the rest of us headed back for a fourth loop. This was the ultimate. Phatboy led followed by me. I rode his rear wheel closer than ever before, nearly t boning him on a couple of hairpins. If he made a mistake I was gonna ride over him and he pushed harder. Fantastic run and a deserved high five at the bottom where The Fox was waiting. Great nights ride in the end. headed home.

No comments: