Monday, July 4, 2016

Sunday 3rd July

I finally got out for a group ride with the lads where I started with them.  Dozer and Bugs arrived at mine and we set off.  Phatboy was running late and was gonna catch us up.  We headed around Hansens Park and then out and into the climb up Ramahana, Aotea and Huntsbury.  Stopped at the Aotea hairpin to take off some layers.  It warmed up pretty quick.  Continued on up and at the road end I stopped for a pee.  Phatboy arrived just after this.  Onwards we rode.  The boys stopped while Phatboy delayered and I continued not wanting to slow them down.  Bugs caught me not long before the climb by the landing strip.  As the others caught up I needed a short break to get rid of some chest pain.  Slow grind up the last stretch but finally we were there.  Stopped to chat with Rex and his MTB club.  They took off and then we waited to give them a start.  I tail ended.  Not a bad run with the track in great condition.  Phatboy caught the club just after the half way then waited before giving more chase.  I was a little slow, more cautious than in the past.  Time will get me back up there.  Around and to the top of Vic then down Thompsons.  Nice run down here.  Grind grind up the road and I decided I was flagging so suggested the lads go ahead and do a loop of Marleys.  They decided not to.  They are nice lads really.  Around to Kennedies and up the small climb to the top.  Phatboy led off at great speed while the rest picked a line through the rocky section then regrouped at the first flat zone.  Continued on down with the others getting some distance when I got caught among walkers and beasts at the same time.  Finally caught them at the gate.  All feeling pretty chuffed.  Uo Siberia and down the the Low Road before heading down Crocidile and into the Connector track.  This is a bit tame.  Finally out the bottom and into the road back.  Got past by a group of roadies on the first climb.  Just before Westmoreland they were having a rest.  They took off ahead of us so I hooked onto the tailend.  Realised they were all young girls.  Hmmmmm.  The last stretch down Cashmere Rd Bugs led us past and we pumped along until we stopped for coffee.  They stopped as well where we realised exactly how young they were.  Then we headed home by the river route.  31.75 km for me and Dozer while the other 2 did about 38km.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1580318249

No comments: