Sunday, June 26, 2016

Saturday 25th June

A posse of four and a solo journey over the same ground.

For the first time in a while i was hitting the hills so I headed out earlier than the others to see how I would fair.  I unloaded the bike outside of Dot Com at 8.20 and started my journey.  headed up the road to Sumnervale at a warm up pace and then started up Ct Thomas.  1st time over the new bridge.  Just chugged up the hill only dabbing once in the lower section on the real sharp hairpin.  had to stop on the 1st down of rocks when my glasses fogged up but otherwise had a good climb to the top.  I did better than I thought I would.  Headed up onto the Godley Track cleaning the 1st set of rocks for the 1st time ever.  Love the new line in here...Hahaha.  Had a look down below and I could see the other four starting the bottom of the Ct Thomas. They were Bugs, Dozer, Silverfox and Phatboy. I expected them on the track sooner.  I headed off up the Godley Track dabbing on every second rock like a little girl.  Eventually got some sort of rhythm going.  It turns out the others except Bugs did not have much more success. I took it a bit more sedately on the downhills as I was solo riding.  The last section into Livingstone Col was pretty boney.  Up and over to breeze Col where I stopped and did a repair on PFMTBC ROck.  1 of the stones had somehow been knocked out of the downhill side.  Continued on above the road following the sheep trail out to Godley where i just rode on and came back below the road.  feeling good.  No sign of the others at breeze so doodled on down the Anaconda which is in good condition except one hairpin where you have to go high.  Down and out up Taylors Rd and down to Dotcom.  had a salad and a pot of tea expecting the lads at anytime finally texting them.  They arrived just over and hour after me so they stopped a lot more than me. Just before we left The Cook arrived after having ridden up St Andrews, down Greenwood and Ct Thomas.  Riding time for them was 10 minutes faster overall so next week will set off only 10 minutes ahead and see where that leads me.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1561972742

No comments: