Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunday 10th July

Drove out to Sumner for a 9.15 start.  Phatboy, Twopot and Dozer also showed up.  We headed up Ct Thomas.  Started well then we were passed by a large posse of young female runners.  I was plodding my way up trying to go as hard as I could be the other 3 still pulled away.  I got rid of my first layer as it flattened out above the hairpin.  Plod grind plod I went.  Struggling on the rocks all the way.  No flow.  Started getting chest pain on the steep climb which continued to the top.  Pissed off.  Chatted with the guys and decided I would ride the road to the Anaconda while they went over the top.  Got there in plenty of time.  They then did the track above the road and I went below the road.  Met at Godley then came back nicely.  Down the snake we went then the grind over Scarborough.  Dot Com then home.  19.5km ride but it was cold.

No comments: