Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday 1st march. Hello autumn

I hooked up with Tinkerbell, Silverfox and Dozer out front of home and we decided to head out towards ferrymead.  I led along the river and finally we started the climb up St Andrews Hill.  Good steady pace by the boys but tiredness and lack of riding showed on me.  tailend Charlie for most of the climb.  Stopped for a stretch at Major Hornbrook before continuing on up the hill.  Finally got to the single track on Upper Major Honrnbrook where i led off up the hill.  Nice steady climb.  I thought we would go in Old greenwood and rode until I got to the road only to find the others were heading around John Britain.  I met them on Broadleaf lane.  The shingle road was really tough with more large shingle having been laid.  grunted on up.  At the top we started the descent.  I took the direct route to the fence and stile while the others did the main line.  Headed down the track.  We all had a really good run down here although Dozer did have a moment of off piste.  I then led down greenwood, feeling really great compared to last time.  Stopped to let some ignorant uphillers past before continuing.  Tinkerbell now hard on my tail. Dabbed at the rocky bit at the end of the valley and again on the first rock.  regrouped and then we headed down Ct Thomas, Tinks, Dozer, me then the fox.  Great rund down but at the 3rd set of rocks the fox punctured so we sat and chatted while he repaired this before blasting down the rest of the track.  Off to Dot Com for some drinks before the ride home.  Silverfox managed a tumble when he side swiped a raised gutter but survived to ride another day.  Home by 11.45.  left at 8 so beat the heat.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/888978399

No comments: