Monday, March 16, 2015

Sunday 15th March and an interesting puncture fest.

I headed out with my music in my ears for a cruisy rode ride to Tinkerbells where we were meeting.  Balmy tailwind all the way as I went.  Normal route down Ford Rd, over  the repaired footbridge, back streets past New World then wound my way to Beckenham Service Ctr then down the single track along the river across Barrington and followed the pathway past Princess Margeret Hospital, and onto Tinkerbells. He was ready and shortly we were joined by Silvefox and the Dozer roared up raring to go.  No sign of Phatboy so I texted and he was not far off and was prepared to catch us.  Off we went, and he drove around the corner so Tinks waited for him while the rest rode on.  Good steady pace all the way to Halswell Quarry around the road.  We stopped just before C2 where the other 2 caught us up.  Off we went Phatboy leading and me at the back.  Good climb up here into crocidile where the wind was gusting up the valley.  Dozer and the Fox dabbed on the steep rutty section but otherwise an uneventful climb.  Up the next section with The Foz and I peeling off onto the farmtrack just before the nasty section.  Down Siberia and then straight into the climb up Kennedys.  The top section got The Foz and myself while the others did much better.  Nice ride around and up toi the top of Marleys.  This is where we decided to regroup at Sign of the Kiwi in case someone punctured.  Off we went.  Past some guy just after the first hairpin who had punctured then I passed Dozer, (a puncture) then carried on and passing Phatboy and Tinkerbell. (Phatboy punctured.  Continued on down having a good run to the Kiwi.  Stopped to wait and watch some other guy who had punctured.  Silverfox finally arrived pushing his bike, he had punctured.  Then saw the others coming.  Tinkerbell and Dozer arrived but Phatboy walked in last.  Another puncture.  Repairs began in earnest but alas, Silverfox had holes in both tubes that could not be repaired as too close to the valve and Phatboy had so may holes in the tube.  No more patches  or tubes between us. A phone call to Sandals who came up to collect the lads.  Tinks, Dozer and I headed down Old Dyers but decided that due to no more puncture repair options we would take the road the rest of the way down.  Stopped at Elevate for beer and coffee.  They headed off to Tinks and I put music in my ears and rode into a steady breeze to home.  An eventful trip

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/904546127

No comments: