Monday, December 1, 2014

Sunday 30th November

Wow the months have flown by.  Today I set off from mine all by myself. I headed around down the motorway, then onto Radley and then on the back streets to the Heathcote Cut and met up with Bugs at the end of Allport.  We headed around the tow-path to Ferrymead and then out to Sumner via the courseway taking note of all the safety stuff put out for the run that was going to happen shortly after we went through.  Got a call from Dozer who had parked at Ferrymead Bridge after we went through.  He rode from there.  We arrived at Dot Com and we were followed by Tinkerbell and Silverfox (in the van) Dozer (on the bike) and Sandals and Helmut (in the car).  Organised ourselves and headed down the road to Sumnervale where we started our climb up Ct Thomas.  Nice steady pace up here cleaning all the hairpins on the way.  No rush but very enjoyable pace.  Regrouped at the top of the zigzags then carried on up,  of course we had to lift over the rock sections but cleaned everything else.  At the top the road was being sealed and we headed over to do Godley Track.  Another posse was about to start so we all got mixed up until our usual regroup spot after the 2nd technical.  Some cleaned these but most did not.  Off we went catching and passing the slowest of the posse in front.  Fast blast down the first long run, quick regroup then off we went.  Sandals mentioned she would go slow and head straight down Anaconda when she got there.  (it turns out she was a tad hungunder) We blasted up and over, down over PFMTBC rock and then we took off on the upper side of the road onto the sheep track around to Godley.  Helmuts first time around here.  Blasted down to the road and then I led off around towards the Snake.  Good blast and a few holes to keep you on your toes. I was feeling great and felt like I had a great flow on. Just before we headed down the snake a couple who had ridden the road set off just ahead of us.  I  led off after them determined to pass them quickly.  At  the first little bridge I pulled a swift right into the little bypass and got in front of the girl.  The guy was going faster but he was not going to let anyone pass so I stayed hard on his tail.  Rolling hard we got to the hairpin by the cattlestop where half of china was walking down the hill.  He slowed and I shot down a little track screaming at the walkers to move.  They lept out of the way and I shot through, not slowing down until the Taylors carpark.  I was enjoying myself going as hard as I could.  I had no idea about the others but knew someone was chasing me.  What a buzzy ride down.  We regrouped and laughed about the ride down all feeling good (except the guy that I passed) and started the grind up and over the hill.  half way up the woman flew past on her bike then the guy.  Made them feel good passing us on the up but who cares about that.  Most people pass me going up :).  Down the road at a fast pace and then to Dot Com for tea and food.  (lunch for me). Then Bugs, Dozer and I set off for home.  The van passed us, we dropped Dozer at Ferrymead and then Bugs at the Bridge with me doing the last stretch on my own.  Home by 12.40.  Fantastic ride for the last day of spring.  See the maymyride below for my ride.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/806989687

Meanwhile, Mellonpharmacist, who couldn't join the usuals because it was his mum's birthday, enjoyed a short ride with his puppy, up and down a couple times in the Worsley Forest

No comments: