Monday, December 22, 2014

Sunday 21st December

Phatboy and Tinkerbell arrived at mine and the 3 of us set off towards Gruntsbury.  Me feeling a bit like throwing up off and on the whole ride but onwards we went.  Arrived at the top to find Sandals waiting for us.  We all then headed around Vernon Track and down to the top of Rapaki.  Quick regroup and then over Witch Hill and up to the top of Castle Rock.  Had a really good blast down here before regrouping and making our way up to the Gondola.  A big posse in front but Phatboy and Tinks got amongst these guys on the climb.  Regrouped in the shade at the top finding Bugs waiting.  He had started at Broadleaf Lane.  After nearly pulling out from feeling ill I stayed with the group and we headed down to the saddle and then climbed up to Mt Pleasant summit.  I tailended as I recovered.  At the top the others followed the main trail while I took the short cut that misses the first loop.  This got me to the fence and into the trail ahead of the others.  I had a good blast through the rocks swooping down the trail with Phatboy, and Bugs not far behind.  Regrouped and headed down Greenwood.  I had an average ride  down here compared to my recent runs but still enjoyed.  We all regrouped before heading down Ct Thomas.  Everyone having a great run until the stupid gate.  I held it open until Sandals got there so the others got a bit in front.  I was blasting it down here clearing the first 2 majors and then seeing Tinks and Bugs stop on the 3rd.  This was due to Phatboy having a major off.  He had landed heavily on his hip on the down side of the track and gashed both knees.  One pretty badly.  We patched him up, with our first aid kits.  He walked a little then sat on the bike and rolled down with us following behind.  he could not pedal.  At the top of the hairpins he let us past so we could go for it so we did.  We regrouped at the final fence, helped Phatboy over then when we got to the road we pushed him when needed, he rolled the downhill and then I pushed him to Dot Com.  While on the hill we had rung Debs who had driven out to collect him.  They left for A and E while the rest of us had drinks and food before grunting it home.  Overall a good ride, would of been better if I had been feeling better and Phatboy had stayed on the bike.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/822114295

No comments: