Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tuesday 28th January

I headed off towards Bowenvale Valley on my own to hook up with the team.  Riding up Bowenvale Ave I was joined by the Cook.  We waited in the shade at the end and eventually Bugs drove up and as we were getting ready to leave the Silverfox arrived.  ( I had been told he was not coming)  Anyhow we started riding up the shingle rd into the valley.  We know how fast we come down there so we kept a close eye out for  downhill riders.  Over the fence up a couple of steep wee grunts finally arriving at the start to hidden valley track.  Bugs led off cleaning the stream and the climb out, I stopped to fix a boulder and then rode the rest dabbing on the 2nd hairpin but cleaning the rest.  Silverfox and the Cook followed me.  Time to ride down old skool.  Nice blast down hair at pace.  Regrouped at the bottom and then started the climb for a 2nd loop.  This time  I  led, failed on the creek and climb, so did Bugs, I missed the first hairpin from laughing and cut the next but from here was good.  We all had a nice climb and this time the down was even faster cos we had our eye in.  Just a short blast and then we rode home.  Or most of us.

No comments: