Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tuesday 14th January

Finally I get a ride with the group.  I collected (in the ute)The Cook and we headed up St Andrews Hill to the meeting point at Upper Major Hornbrook.  Phatboy was waiting impatiently and we were joined shortly after by Dozer, Tinkerbell and Silverfox.  I led off up New JB track for a quick climb.  I lost my hairpin into Old JB and ended up dabbing etc.  Tinks and Phatboy cleaned a liner and so I ended up following them to a regroup point.  Silverfox had struggled up the hill with his seat at a low setting as it would not stay up.  Between Phatboy and him they managed to fix the issues.  Phatboy then led off taking a off piste line ( I did not follow) onto the rocky section of Old JB.  Good quick blast here and out onto the road.  Once everyone was gathered I headed down to the saddle and straight into the climb over Mt Pleasant.  Felt good going up the steep section although had to pump hard near the end of the track to keep in front of Tinks and Phatboy who were close behind.  regrouped by the gate before the short climb to the top.  getting a bit chilly so I put on my warm top before the short blast down to the next fence crossing.  I let Phatboy lead from here.  This was a great downhill blast.  I got around a corner that always seems to get me (not the hardest corner just one I seem to clip the rocks to the side on) before pumping hard to catch the Phatboy.  Never did though.  regrouped at the top of Greenwood.  Had decided not to have a big ride so we took the upper greenwood track back towards the road.  had a good blast dabbing only in the tricky rock section, ( and we all did).  For some reason went around another corner and clipped the side nearly putting me off (but not) and then out onto the road.  We all headed up the road before I led into Lower JB for a fast blast back to the cars.  When we got back I looked at my watch and realised we had only ridden for an hour, should of done more. bring on sunday.

No comments: