Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunday 3rd July

Finally a day to really ride. Phatboy, Mellonfarmer, Bugs, Tinkerbell, Silverfox, Dozer and Texas showed up at mine and we headed off in the frost. It was so cold my face hurt. We headed up Gruntsbury. Everyone feeling the first climb in ages and me feeling the effects of my back to go with it. In fact me holding everyone up was more than likely a good thing for most of the team. We eventually got to the top where we were joined by, Sandals, Helmut and Jandals. We headed around the traverse which was very enjoyable. I picked my own pace and everyone was full of smiles at the two regroup spots. Down Thompsons and then a qick toilet stop at the Kiwi. Climbed the road to the top of Marleys before we headed down. MF, H, and PH all did the full loop while the rest of us did the top half only. This was greasy but oh so much fun. I did not even stop for a regroup but just started the grind back up. Not feeling flash at this point. We all regrouped at the top of Worsleys then down the body bag and into the b route. This was enjoyable and we all did the bottom half for a a change. Nearly nutted myself getting off the back of the bike. We then went down the road and onto the side track at pace before heading home. People all dropping off as we went to end up with just Bugs, Dallas, Dozer, Tinks and I at the end. Nice to be out but all comfortably worn at the end.

No comments: