Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday 26th September

1st day of daylight saving so was tired from this and had been sick all night and ended up trying to sleep on the couch which did not help. Still I got up and rode. Met Sandals, Tinkerbell. Bugs, Dozer, Silverfox and the Mellonfarmer out front and headed out towards Scumner. Went around the river behind Ferrymead and I said to the Fox about Mulgens Track and he was keen. So we put it to Mellonfarmer who agreed so we headed on up. What a grunty, steep and nasty track. We all dabbed on the corners somewhere but cleaned all the steep bits. Dozer twisted his ankle getting started on a steep bit, but continued with us. Got to the top and then up Panorama Rd and then up the steep rooty section to the summit. We then rode the summit and into Greenwood park which was dry and firm. Good blast here. I was chasing MF who was riding well. Great blast down to the road. I was stuffed and wanted coffee and after some chat we decided this was the option. Down Ct Thomas where I had a near miss. Pleased I recovered. Blasted down with it pretty dry all the way. Coffee and then a stinky ride over the causeway into a nasty Nor west. MF hit the ave while the rest of us rode the Ferrymead single track and then home. Great ride although tough. Pleased I made it. Happy Birthday for Sunday to Phatboy.

No comments: