Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday 13th September

The first big off road adventure since the earth orgasm. A large posse arrived at mine. Lets see, their was, Bugs, Tinkerbell, Dozer, Te Rex, Silverfox, Sandals, Helmut (with his arm in a sling), Phatboy, Twopot (big surprise here) and me. Helmut drove up to the start of Huntsbury off road while the rest of us rode. grunt grunt grunt. Up we went, and it was warm. We did a bit of jiggling for position so we could avoid opening gates but we made it to the top. Te Rex standing in the pedals all the way while Helmut rode one handed. We went left around Mt Vernon, a bit wet in spots and I must say I was not handling it all that well. lotsa dabs. Phatboy streaks ahead. Then over Witch Hill, I was starting to get my eye in by the end. We then went on to Castle Rock where an Angel was being photographed on the rock as we went in. I led off down the track which was a bit wet and rutty in spots. Stopped after the first hairpin for a group look at what was left of the Rock. Big slip here with the hillside scarred all the way down to the Bridal Path. On we went with my eye now in. Rode this whole track well. We regrouped at the end and then doodled around the road to John Britten Reserve. Stopping for some photos along the way. I took off skirting the rock slope and then stopped at Greenwood entrance. We rode onto the ruins for a regroup with Tinkerbell doing some off piste passing and Phatboy leading. I then had the best ride I have had for a while. I led off and was flying, Phatboy chasing with camera rolling and I was not sure how anyone else was going. That's the thing about being in front you can not write much about anyone else. I took good lines and just let it flow. Had a couple of dabs in some muddy sections but wow I enjoyed it. Regrouped at the road before heading down Captain Thomas. This was wet wet wet all the way. I balked at a couple of bits, Tinks led some of the way but we had fun the whole way down. Finally near the bottom we let rip and hit the steps to have our photo taken by Helmut who had ridden the road down with Sandals. Stopped for coffee before a hard pump home. Stuffed at the end I was.

No comments: