Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday 4th May

I headed off and picked up Silverfox then Sandals and headed on up to Marleys gravel pit. Waited for the others to show. Chris (Altarboy), Mellonfarmer and Bongo (The Bongo BoyZ) arrived followed by Dozer and Bugs. We headed off up the hill pretty much together, not to fast as we wanted to make, Mellonfarmer, Altarboy and Bongo look good. I cut Dozer off as we went onto the off road hill climb. At the top, a regroup. We then headed off for my first night ride under lights. I was fourth to go and although a bit of dust it was the cold wind in my eyes that got me. Hit everything pretty well considering and arrived back at the vans in good time. A wee wait as we regrouped then up the road we went and to the drop in point. This time I started fourth and ended 5th. I mucked up the first corner and let Dozer, Bugs and Silverfox in that order get in front. (The Mellonfarmer bit) I did a great bit of riding, really hard out, caught Silverfox, passed him then cut the inside corner to pass Bugs and then hunted down Dozer and rode his rear wheel to the vans. God I am great and fast. (Sorry Mellonfarmer). Regrouped with Sandals and waited for the Bongo BoyZ....they had ridden to The Kiwi and came back up the road. Up for another loop. Same order in, mucked up the same corner but got going before anyone cuaght me. Best run yet. Everyone going better I think. Blasted past the vans and continued to the Kiwi. Seeeet. Headed straight back to meet Sandals at the vans. She and Bugs had lost their flashes on the trail. We headed off leaving the Bongo BoyZ to continue playing.

1 comment:

swtchbckr said...

oh yeah, we didnt see their flashies on the way down later too...