Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesday 3rd Novemebr

I picked up Silverfox and headed up to the bottom of the top section of Marley's (aka Flying Nun). We met up with Geez and Bugs. The weather was great, with fantastic views of nothing. We could not even see Marley's from the bottom of the track and the wind was bloody cold. We headed around the road and got blown up the top of Worsely Rd. Fastest I ever got up here and the first time I had wind assistance as normally it is in your face. Got to the top, dropped the seat and off we went. Glasses fogged up so I pulled over and put them in my pocket, Silverfox went past then Bugs and Geez. Back on the bike where I caught the last 2 and at the next bypass I took the low corner and jumped in front. Felt like I was going well although the wind got you anytime you got some air. Back to the vehicles and noted a 20 minute loop. Back we went, up the road and at the top we caught a bunch of riders and Bugs assisted a guy who's pedal fell off, we all had a great run and noted a 15 minute loop. Getting faster on both the up and down. Everyone was feeling better. Up for another run, caught another rider. This was the best run I had, I was even out of breath at the bottom. By the clock it was a 12 minute loop including seat adjustment at the top. Cool air and feeling like I was in control. Everyone was happy but the cloud was getting thicker, the wind stronger and more moisture so we called it quits. Went to Sandals for coffee but she must of heard we were coming and went out again. That's twice. Ended up at Silverfoxes for coffee instead. Good ride all round.

No comments: