Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday 24th March

A bloody great ride is what it was tonight. Bugs, TeRex, Tinkerbell and I set off for the Rapaki. Sandals and Liz had started 1st. They were waiting at the 1st cattle stop. As we were about to head off another group showed up who new Liz. We all set off together. TeRex and Bugs followed for a short while then hit out. I then decided to push harder and went after them. Never a hope of catching but good for me to push and I enjoyed it immensely. Half way up the last haul TeRex was stopped and talking to some guy. I thanked him for waiting and he reminded me that if you got to the top you should come down again to rejoin the group. At the bend I slowed right down to let Tinks and Sandals catch up. We all hit the top about the same time. As we headed up to the Mt Vernon track I bumped into Jo from Doc. Quick chat and then I had to chase the others down. Gave them 400 meters. I had a ball, cleared it all, caught Sandals and most of the next group, passed Liz at the steep corner, had to go off track cos they were in the middle. Chasing chasing, good run through here cleaning all of it better than ever and then blast down to the road. Sandals and Liz were heading all the way to Vic and us boyz were heading down old skool. Great run down the zigs and zags, rough and sketchy. On to the single track, Tinks leading bugs, then me and TeRex. A blast down here, Bugs trying to ensure I did not gain on him so he was looking over his shoulder on the switchbacks. I gained in some places then he would gain it back. Bloody great ride. I was pumped and happy with the way I rode. Everyone looked happy at the end. Arms aching at the bottom. Easy ride home by 8pm..

No comments: