Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday 5th March 2009

WoW, it's been ages since I had a real ride and I have been hanging out. Silverfox, Geez, Twopot and Fatboy met at mine and off we went. Headed up the Rapaki. Fatboy had a flat at the bottom and the rest of us slowly rode ahead. Geez and Silverfox waited at the first cattlestop for Fatboy while Twopot and I slowly rode on. Lucky for me as I was not the quickest. Cruised on up until The rest caught up and we regrouped at the top. I must say Fatboy pushed hard all the way, Silverfox close behind and Geez not that far off their pace. Big bunch of riders at the top, we thought they would go first but they hung on so off we went. Enjoyed the first grind, not the fastest though. The other group caught me before crossing the road. At the traverse I led off with gusto. I felt good all the way, right lines and good pump. Fatboy and I then swapped places at the sign halfway around and on we went. Stopped at the downhill track above Vic to watch a guy start his run then down to airfield, across down through rock garden and gums, down Dazzas and into Brents. Sketchy as hell through here. I loved it, got the jumps and did not miss a beat. Heart pumping and wanting to yell with the pleasure of the run. Regrouped and down Bridges, taking the high line into the trees for a change, missed my turn and then followed Geez and down and out. Great to be riding. Long live MTB

No comments: