Monday, May 13, 2019

Saturday 11th May

I needed to use up my pass at MTB park so I rode around to the park via all the little byways and got on the lift at 10am sharp.  2nd ride up and then took summit connector out and then the bottom half of the Nun hooking up at 10.20 exactly with Phatboy as arranged. He had ridden his new Yeti up to see how it went.  I followed him down Choirboy and then he hit Captain Cook while I went straight down and into Loess rider.  My fastet time ever down here which was cool.  Hitting the berms better and throwing my bike around a bit more.  Stayed in front of Phatboy all the way although I think he did slow down a couple of times (or so he said).  At the bottom we hooked up with Junior who was out for the first time in a while and then headed up for a run down Yeah yeah Gnah, Lor of possums and Handle the old jandle. Great run down here by all of us.  Straight back up for another run where they came down Swinger Party and ?? while I came down the Green track so I could pedal.  Once again fastest time ever.  Juniour headed home and Phatboy and I headed up and out onto Summit Connector, lower Nun and onto the road by the Kiwi.  Started the climb upto Vic.  Half way up we heard a shout and there was Mellonfarmer out riding.  He and Phatboy headed down through Vic while I cruised around the Summit Road to avoid the clusters of riders on the traverse.  Over Mt Vernon and trhen down Rapaki.  The top half was on the sidle track beside the true Rapaki.  Quite fun even if a little greasy and then plowed down the main track at pace.  Pedalling as I went.  Good pace.  Finally home.  Nice ride overall.

No comments: