Monday, December 10, 2018

Suynday 9th December

Another ride with an early start for me.  Headed out and around Hansens Park to Ramahana Road where I met VJ my old flatmate. She was keen to ride and we headed up at a steady pace.  Slower than the lads would go but that was why we started early.  We made the summit and waited for the others.  20 minutes it was before they arrived which means I do not need to start out quite so early.  Maybe 15 minutes would be enough.  The posse included Mloonfarmer and Paul, Dozer, Tinkerbell and The Cook.  We set out around the Traverse with me holding back to keep an eye on VJ.  She did ok and so I let her in front at the halfway point which saw me get to see her go over the handle bars.  She recovered and off we went.  Regrouped and then into Thompsons and then onto the start of Choirboy.  Nice flowing run down here with VJ going faster than expected.  Regrouped and then some went via Captain Cook to the start of the tracks.  Half went via Shredzilla while the other half went via Loees Rider.  Nice run and I was feeling good.  Regrouped at the bottom before heading up the lift.   Came down Lord of the Possums before splitting off into 2 groups.  Some did Double Overhead Cam while others did Handle the Jandal.  Nice!!! At the bottom VJ was excited and beaming.  Went for a 2nd uplift but Mellonfarmer and Paul headed home.  This time VJ followed me down Yeah Yeah Nah, Loerd of Possums and then Snakeobs etc while the others did Swinger party and DOC again.  Nice run again then drinks and food before heading home along the river etc with people dropping off as we went.

https://www.mapmyride.com/workout/3280807507

https://www.mapmyride.com/workout/3280809235

No comments: