Monday, September 11, 2017

Sunday 10th Septemnber

Woke up ready to ride.  Headed outside and hooked up with Silverfox (on his new 27.5 trek), Tinkerbell, The Cook, Phatboy, Bugs and Dozer.  Big Posse.  We headed around the road and started climbing Rapaki.  At the top of the road I had real bad chest pain and took another dose of spray.  Considered going home but decided to grovel on.  Phatboy was waiting at the first gate.  Rode slowly up the motorway hoping to get on top of things.  Near the flat spot Phatboy headed off to catch the others who had waited.  I steadily rode on.  Finally got to the top where the others were waiting.  I considered heading down here but decided to see how I felt at the start of Traverse.  Took the option of steady road ride around while the others headed over Traverse.  Got there just after the fastest 3 of Dozer, Phatboy and Tinkerbell. Feeling ok so I tailended the group as they headed around Traverse.  The flatness and up and down nature allowed some recovery so by the halfway point I passed Silverfox and chased The Cook down.  Regrouped at the pines.  They all talked me into going on to Marleys so I headed off ahead.  Good run down Thompsons and the boys caught me up just before Worsleys Rd so I did not bad pace.  Groveled up to the start. My run down Marleys was a bit shakey, certainly feeling things and still a few pains.  Into Vic park where it started to rain just as we went into the Gums.  Hailing as we went down Shazzas.  I decided the best thing for me was a ride straight down K2 while the others did Bridges etc.  Met them at the Hospital Corner.  Down we went and then onto Fava for drinks and food.  Thankful that I completed the journey and great support by the riders.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2453807204

No comments: