Monday, August 21, 2017

Saturday 19th August

A small posse of The Cook, Dozer (recvovering from a cold) Phaytboy (recovering from appendics removal) and I headed up Rapaki at a steady pace. Passing a few and dodging the walkers.  Looked to do Montgomery but that was closed so continued on up.  Phatboy and I not pushing too hard so the others did not drop off too much.  Short rest at the top before I led off over Mt Vernon.  Good run here and we had to regroup at the Traverse track as The Cook dropped ofgf a bit over here.  Once again I led off for a good run around the Traverse, only thing of high interest was a bunch of young runners sitting on the cattlestop near the last section.  Nearly bowled them off with my handlebars.  Waited and regrouped before doing the pines and then into Burnt out Thompsons.  Up the road to the start of Marleys where we waited and regrouped again.  Phatboy chased me down the Nun.  I had one of my better runs for a while down here.  Felt good.  Another regroup before a causual climb back to the top of Vic Park.  Down the Rock Garden and the Gums before regroup at the skidder site.  Down Shazzas and then we checked out some new track.  Not too bad but I did get off and one stop.  Slid down another.  The this throws you out onto the normal track (bridges) and down we went.  The bottom of the track was completely fecked and muddy.  Down the Bowenvale acees track and out to Fava for drinks and nibbles before heading home.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2407837955

No comments: