Monday, November 21, 2016

Sunday 20th November

Up early to watch the rugby and I was joined by Phatboy.  After the All Blacks won we got ourselves ready and headed out to meet up with Bugs, Tinkerbell, Silverfox and Dozer.  Headed around to Rapaki with me having to stop for a bit of spray.  Dozer waited.  We then headed off in pursuit of the others catching them on the shingle.  As we went through the gate there was some stoppage but as we did not need to delayer I carried on slowly to start then putting on more speed thinking everyone was right behind me.  Steady pump to the start of the new track where I waited.  Very surprised by how far back everyone was.  They must of stopped longer.  Up and around the new track.  Once again I kept going while the others must of stopped.  Phatboy caught me as we headed up the steep single track alongside of Rapaki.  Only had to walk about 10-15 meters this time.  Regrouped at the top and then after sorting out an order headed over Vernon.  Regrouped then after Phatboy dropped his chain I led off towards Vic Park.  Swapped the lead with Phatboy halfway and regrouped by the Pines.  Down to the grader site via different routes.  Most did Brakefree while Silverfox did the gums.  From here Silverfox headed down the road.  Not feeling all that flash.  The rest of us headed down Dazzas taking all the different lines then down the track towards the 20 footer.  Good run to the start of hidden track.  I had to cut it short for work reasons so continued down the track while the others headed up Hidden Valley towards Old Skool. Good day for a ride.

No comments: