Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tuesday 19th April

I drove around and collected the Cook before driving out to Taylors Mistake Carpark where we met Dozer and Bugs.  We headed around the coast track towards Boulder Bay, forgetting the short sharp steep but just after where the Anaconda comes down.  Good ride around then the climb by Boulder Bay is still a gut buster but not as bad as years gone by.  Up and around for a regroup by the first gun emplacement before continuing around and up some more.  Finally at the top before dropping down to the buildings on the harbour side.  Steep and sharp hairpins.  Quick stop here before the uphill to Godley head Carpark.  Flowed around the track under the road realising how this was my first ride under lights and the narrow track was a tad offputting.  Regrouped before dropping down the Anaconda.  Not a bad run down here.  Slower than in daylight but I was gaining on Bugs until I had a real sphincter tightening moment.  Thought I was gonna faceplant when my front wheel washed out... but I recovered.  Down to the bottom safely and out to the cars.  Short ride but good.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1434513263

No comments: