Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tuesday 24th November

Hot Tuesday night ride.  I collected the Cook and headed out to Dot Com in the van.  We hooked up with Dozer and Bugs before heading up the road to Sumnervale.  I led off up the singletrack and as I rode around the first hairpin I looked left then right to see which track I would take and then went blank and stopped.  The other 3 rode past on left track.  Dah. I followed from here up the hill to the shitty gate near the top.  Nice steady climb mainly in the shade with little wind.  Nice cooling breeze considering the weather.  At the gate the Cook let me past and I followed the other 2 to the top.  We had a regroup before I started up the road to the top of Greenwood.  Bugs and Dozer caught up with the Cook a little way behind.  Steady climb all the way before heading left into greenwood.  Same order as the top of Ct Thomas.  Bugs, Dozer, Rubberjaws and the Cook.  Reached the ruins to get a text from the Cook who had a puncture.  We could see him on the skyline.  He eventually caught us us and we headed down the track.  First rocks I got dust in my eyes lost vision and was a passenger bouncing through the rocks.  The front 2 pulled ahead a bit and I never caught them again.  Good run the rest of the way.  Regrouped at the bottom and then into Ct Thomas for a great run, most of us cleaned the sections we do not get although I still dabbed on the 2nd cluster of rocks.  At the bottom we went down the steps and along the field to lower Sumnervale back to the cars.  From here we drove to The Twisted Hop for a beer.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1259153591

No comments: