Monday, November 23, 2015

Saturday 21st Novemeber

I got out a couple of times early in the week and discovered a new bit of trail that could be utilised so today was a good chance to put it to the test.  The Cook arrived at mine and we headed off towards Ferrymead along the usual route.  Hooked up with Phatboy and Dozer at the bridge before starting a steady amble up St Andrews to Upper Major Hornbrook.  After a brief regroup I led off and the others followed at their own pace.  3/4s of the way up Phatboy passed me before we regrouped at the new turning point into the orginal John Brittain track.  I led off up here enjoying myself and we all regrouped at the road.  We crossed and climbed the fence and Phatboy led up the new line onto Mt Pleasant.  This is sooo much better than dropping down and climbing that gutbuster.  We regrouped at the top after a steady climb before I led down the other side.  We all had good runs down here with all of us trying to stay on line without wondering off the track in the tussocks.  Regrouped and then into the top of Greenwood heading back towards Mt Pleasant Rd.  Good fast blast with me dabbing in the one rocky mess.  From here we headed up Broadleaf and turned rght back down the Mt Pleasant climb retracing our climb to the start of John Britain.  I did stop for my usual crap time.  Thought it would be the end of my rie time.  Regrouped and I led around the new line in Jon Britain.  Sidles around the front of the hill and rejoins the main track just befoe the downhill.  At this point I decided I would be good to cotinue so we headed into Greenwood. Bloody good run to the ruins.  Got a text from Sandals asking what time to meet us at Dot Com.  30 minutes was the time we told her.  Phatboy then led off at a blistering pace.  I held on until Gloomy Gulch and then he was gone.  Continued on down, fluffing about in the last rocky corner, missing the first rock before finishing fast.  Dozer on my tail the whole way.  Into Ct Thomas for a nice blast down.  hesitated on the 1st of the last 2 rock sections, dabbed through then walked the 2nd one.  From here we all ripped down to the bottom.  Out to Dot Com 5 minutes behind schedule.  Sat down chatted to Sandals who was sick with the bot before riding home with a tasty wind blowing us along the causeway.  Separated back to 2 teams for the last run home.  I followed the Cook along the oppisite side of the Heathcote than normal before ambling around Claredon TCe and home.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1255944231

No comments: