Monday, September 14, 2015

Sunday 13th September

The posse met at mine with Mellonfarmer, Phatboy, Tinkerbell, Silverfox and Dozer all showing up.  Quick chat and then we headed off.  My Target was top of Huntsbury by 9.20.  The group spread out around Hansens and then into the climb.  Me being tail end charlie. Feck I am still struggling. Working oin this.  Regroup and a delayer at the hairpin on Aotea then carried on up the hill.  I finally arrived at the end of the tarmac as everyone is having a regroup so due to my slowness I continued on with Tinkerbell joining me.  I expected everyone to pass me quite quickly but Mellonfarmer finally caught on the section after the pylon( he and Tinks slowly pulled away) the Phatboy caught after the next and we rode to the start of the last steep together when Bugs arrived.  They slowly pulled away while I continued to grunt away.  I managed to get to the top before Silverfox and Dozer.  Sanels and Helmut were there waiting.  Off we went around Vernon all of us taking the old top line for a change. Fun.  Bugs stopped to chat with someone.  We regrouped at Witchhill although Sandels trundled on as she does.  I briefly stopped to chat with a couple of customers before continuing on.  We all regrouped at the top of castle Rock.  Down we headed all doing well, passed Mellonfarmer fixing a flat.  Had a great run but right at the last rocks I heard ppphhh as air spurted from my rear tyre.  Gunk on the rocks.  Pushed my finger onto the hole to stop the hiss before walking the last few metres to the end.  Everyone was regrouping but I decided to trundel on to keep the tyre spinning.  Into John Brittain and out to the start of greenwood.  The others catching me just before or pretty soon after.  Nice spin to the ruins where we had a break before charging down greenwood.   Al had a good run with me having a total of 3 dabs before the bottom.  Decided to head down Ct Thomas and try the new Cabbage tree section.  I tail ended which was lucky because at the first major rock Silverfox hasd the most spectacular of all over the bars fall I have seen.  I was pretty worried as I heard the thump of the landing and his bike ended up way down the hill just above a cliff.  Checked him and got his bike then rung Tinks to advise him.  Followed the Fox down the hill slowly and tried the new track before regrouping with the others at the bottom.  Dotcom for food the the ride back minus Helmut and Sandels.  The people all pulling out at different points until it was Dozer and I ending at mine about 12.25.  Good ride but I need more.

No comments: