Monday, September 28, 2015

Friday 25th and Saturday 26th.

On Friday Phatboy took a ride on his own without looking at Saturdays plan.  He cranked up Huntsbury and right along the Traverse before heading up the road past the Kiwi and out to Kennedys Bush Track.  He ground up through the mud and gorse before heading down from the top.  He bypassed the Crocidile as it was wet and closed before taking the tarmac home.

On Saturday I (rubberjaws) headed off for the ride to the Kennedys Bush planting on my own as everyone had reasons not to join in.  I was going to ride the same trails as Phatboy pretty much.  Halfway through Hansens Park I thought gosh my head is cold.  Great start my Helmet was still at home so back I went to get it.  Added an extra k to the ride.  Up the hill I went and along the Traverse.  Still wet in spots and a big puddle in the dipper.  Out to Kennedys and the muddy climb.  Coming down through the first rocky section was fun and sketchy.  Slick and muddy rocks keeping my attention all the way before hitting the long grassy stretches.  I decided to do Crocidile which was in good nick with only a couple of greasy patched.  Near the bottom of C2 were a bunch of people doing track maintenance but i rode past them to the planting.  Phatboy ajnd Tinks were there to plant.  Quick planting then home along the tarmac.

No comments: