Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday 5th April

Quite a big posse arrived at mine this morning.  Dozer, The Cook, Sandals, Tinkerbell, Silverfox and I headed out along the Heathcote towpath arriving just ahead of Phatboy.  We headed up St Andrews Hill, via the steps and then Marama Cr and onto Major Hornbrook.  Steady pace with a quick breather just before the steep section and the pathways below Upper major hornbrook.  Onto the single track we went with a little regroup at the sharp right hand of Upper john brittain.  Over the fence and then a slog up Broadleaf Lane, onto the shitty shingle before another quick regroup.  I led off done towards the  Col between Mt Pleasant and Gondola.  Good blast and I still had a skid in the last section just before the fence.  regrouped and then under the bluffs before we headed straight into the climb upto castle rock. Some good riding put in up here.  I myself dabbed on the hairpins but cleaned the rest.  Down and over witch Hill before climbing around Mt Vernon.  Sandals got a jump on us (forever to be known as "Doing a Marie".This was the toughest it has ever been for me.  Then I led off (Yes I did a Marie) around the Traverse before dropping down to the landing strip.  From here it was full steam ahead down to Old Skool single Track.  Phatboy led and I chased with everyone flowing nicely.  At the bottom Phatboy and I took the sketchy line cleaning all but the last 3 feet.  Then we headed around to Elevate to find it has changed to The protocol for a beer and chips.  Phatboy and Silverfox headed off before then.  great ride.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/930112991

The next day, Mellonfarmer, who was off farming mellons at his Little Akaloa mellon farm, fattied up View Hill to the top for the view...

No comments: