Monday, June 16, 2014

Sunday 15th June

After a hard night of dancing and drinking I awoke to find my muscles like lead, my head totally pounding and a feeling of dread for the upcoming ride.  I got myself sorted and headed out to meet, Tinkerbell, Silverfox, Dozer and Phatboy.  After much debate and a coin toss we decided to head up St Andrews.  The tracks were closed so it was going to be tarmac anyway.  We headed around the river along the towpath which was incredibly damp and slippery before starting the clime up St Andrews, Marama, Cannon Hill then left heading over to major Hornbrook and then following the normal track to Upper Major Hornbrook.  By this stage I was walllowing at the back of the pack.  We then headed up the last of mt Pleasant road. Eventually at the top we took the tarmac to the pines at the top of richmond and the down started.  We took an off piste line across paddocks down to the road which avoided a lot of muck before the speedy descent to sumner.  I was feeling crap with a rumbling stomach so I peeled off and headed straight home to catch up on healing myself poor body.  The others went to dot Com before heading home.

No comments: