Monday, June 2, 2014

Saturday 31st May 2014

Another planting day but this time up on a hill so we were able to actually get a ride.  Everyone except Phatboy, The Cook and I were unavailable for so many reasons I can not put them all down here.  The 3 of us set off from home and headed up Rapaki, quickly despensing of any extra layers early in the climb. During the last stop to remove my leggings we let The Cook continue by himself. Phatboy and I  then gave chase at steady pace and soon caught andf then passed him.  From here I backed off a tad while Phatboy continued at top pace.  In the end it was a solo ride for all of us to the summit.  From here we headed up overr Mt Vernon, feeling rather good and regrouped at the start of the Traverse.  A good pump around the Traverse regrouping at the halfway mark and then pumping around to the top of Vic Park before heading down Thompsons to the Sign of the Kiwi.  Stopped for a Pitstop before climbing up towards Worsley.  I had pulled away and just started up the road when Di (CCC Ranger) pulled up alongside in her ute.  I held on to the side ,continuing to pedal hard but gaining extra speed to the top.  A bit of a cheat but I was surprised to find my heartbeat was right up there at the top.  Up to the start of the track, grabbed a spade and then down to the planting site.  lots of people showed up and we got all the plants in the ground by 2.30.  We then headed down.  Track was greasy in spots, dry in others so the ride was interesting.  The botoom half was where I let it rip and felt better.  From here we headed up to the top of Vic park before heading down via the Rock Garden and the gums.  A lot of gums gone and a bit of debris around.  Down Shazzas and then into Brents. Down Bridges, and Flow.  Towards the bottom it was pretty wet and rutted with a near over the bars incident occuring.  Down the 4wd track hucking it over the speed humps and then headed home.  All in all a good ride.

No comments: