Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tuesday 6th August

The Boyz arrived at mine all bright and early for a short blast up the hill.  Cookie, Tinkerbell, Dozer, Silverfox, Bugs, Phatboy and I headed around the road to Rapaki and started up the hill.  I had to stop as my chain was not shifting (oops mud).  I got that working and chased them up to the beginning of the track. A quick stop at the first gate and then it was up the hill.  I was trying to pace myself and ended up half way between two groups.  Phatboy, Bugs and Tinkerbell were pacing it out up front and the other 3 chugging away behind.  In the end I gave it a burst  and caught the front 3 before it flattens then I held back to ride with the others.  Cookie had dropped off so I waited for him and rode up the last stretch with him for company.  Quick regroup before heading over Vernon.  The others pumped on ahead and I started with Cookie then gave chase.  Caught Dozer before the hair pin at  the halfway and waited for Cookie.  Then blasted on again.  Nice pump up and across.  Once we had all gathered we reversed our way back along the track to Vernon.  I jumped in behind Phatboy and we blasted across the top.  All in close order.  The little downhill is so sweet and flows o so well.  We then headed across the road and prepared to do the farm track.  First time in years.  Fast flowing and oh so slippery, down down down.  The last bit was rutty and broken but we all survived.  From here we flicked around to casuals for a pint.  I was home by 8.30

No comments: