Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tuesday 30th July

Last ride for the month and another ride under lights.  Picked up Cookie on the way and headed up to the Sign of the Kiwi, finding most of the team there and the other 2 pulling up straight after us.  As we started the climb to  the top of Marley's there was Nelly, Phatboy, Tinkerbell, Silverfox, Bugs, Dozer, Cookie and I.  Up the hill in quick time with Nelly and Phatboy doing some alternative lines and then the shuffling for position started.  Down we went, most of us complaining at the bottom that our lights were not in the right position or we did not see well, but basically we had the first run blues.  Up for a 2nd lap, this time all of us were happier.  Third run was all the way to the Kiwi.  Great blast down, first I discovered Tinkerbell pulled over (chain off) then I saw Dozer laying in the bushes, (clipped a rock and off he went but he was fine) so I continued. Great blast loving it.  We all discovered a new berm or two in the lower section of track.  Oops.  Pay more attention.  I changed down for the last slope to the road, chain off then it snapped.  Bugger. The rest of them all arrived discussing how good Dozer looked laying in the bushes.  I decided not to do anymore, Cookie came with me while the others went off for another loop of the bottom to inspect the changes.

No comments: