Monday, July 1, 2013

Saturday 29th June

A solo ride today as everyone had a reason not to ride to the Eastside Bush planting.  I headed up Rapaki in the cold.  It was real cold and I did not loose a layer until the flat area 2/3 or the way up.  Past a few walkers but no riders.  It was quite quick climb.  Straight into Vernon climb which was dry but once I started the Traverse it was getting greasier all the time.  The Gully just after the Lava Flow entrance was ice and I even got some sideways movement in here.  Quite slick all the way to the pines.  They have also done quite a bit of repair work recently which is keeping the track in shape.  Dropped down the main access rd through the gums and stopped at the rest area/skidder site.  Once evryone assembled I then rode down to the planting site.  Bloody cold planting.  After I rode back up, stopped for the BBQ and then rode home.  It was tarmac all the way.  All the rangers made a point that tracks were closed and in need of some major work.  Cold on the way there and cold on the way home.

No comments: