Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday 24th April

Well its been a whole 1.5 weeks without a ride.  First a trust meeting then rain, more rain and a little bit more rain to keep us off the tracks, then I was unable to ride Tuesday.  Not even sure if anyone rode on Tuesday actually.  So, this morning I awoke, had breakfast and decided to go for a wee blast. Started by heading up Crapaki (started the climb up Rapaki Rd at 10.03am) and pushed myself steadily up the hill.  Lots of very old people running/jogging/stumbling down the hill.  Nearly called an ambulance for some of them!  I was at the top looking out over Lyttleton by 10.30 sharp.  Quite pleased.  I took a minute to stretch and then headed up over Mt Vernon Track.  Still smells at the start where the fire was.  Good pump and then hit the Traverse Track.  The most amazing thing was that the track was in great condition with only 3 puddles and no greasy spots.  No other riders out there at all.  Into Vic then down Shazzas before taking K2 down the hill for a change.  Top was greasy and a bit rutted while the bottom was just slick.  Down into the valley having to carry my bike over a few rocks to get past the digger doing some track work.  The guys working warned me to watch out for a loader coming up the track but i caught this on the way down but could not get past and the driver did not see me.  Slowed me down somewhat.  I still managed to be out and at the end of Bowenvale Ave by 11am.  Not a bad blast.  Gave a pump on the road section home before jumping on the cruiser and doing a couple of clicks with my girls.

No comments: