Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Monday 1st of April

After postponing Sundays ride due to the weather we headed out.  Sandals, The Cook and Silverfox met at mine and the four of us headed off.  We went the usual route around the Heathcote cut, behind Ferrymead until we reached Ferrymead Bridge where we picked up Dozer.  The day was warm with no wind as we started up St Andrews hill with all of us doing well.  Bloody minded me decided to turn right up Marama Cres to see what I could see.  Everyone followed which surprised me.  It was a short sharp shock really.  Really spun my way in sprint mode, gasping at the top.  Slowed for a regroup and then started on up the road again.  We  realised that Dozer was missing as he stopped for a phone call so found some shade and rested til he caught up.  Heating up all the time still with no wind we continued on up the road at a steady pace.  Eventually regrouped under the big hedge where the road splits before heading on up towards Upper Major Honrnbrook by the single tracks.  I took the farm track to the right at one point which is actually faster with out being steeper.  Stopped for a breather in a small breeze before hitting the single track.  Good steady ride until the hairpin into old John Brittin Track.  I have a route in my head to get around here in future.  Dozer and I went right here while the other 3 headed towards the Greenwood track for an easier run.  We agreed to meet at the ruins.  Dozer and I meanwhile continued on. The track over Mt Pleasant which has had some work done.  Teddington chip has been laid on the gruntiest climb at the beginning.  Still a grunt but easier to do.  We clambered our way up and over Mt Pleasant with some funny times as we lost the track coming down.  Hooked up with the team and headed down Greenwood.  The coolness of the down was nice.  great run, smiling all the way to Evans Pass.  Some fork trouble for the Cook was looked at before clambering up Godley Track to the first cattlestop.  We headed down the farm track, crossed the road and then down the singletrack to Taylors Rd.  Nice whoopy run.  Up and over to dot com to drink and eat before the ride home.  Stayed at a steady clip until the causeway where I spun it up.  Silverfox and The Cook stayed on my tail but I could spin no faster.  Only time I ever miss my 3rd Big ring is on this section.
Around the reverse direction of Ferrymead and home.  Good ride but bloody hot.

No comments: