Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tuesday 6th November

I would have to say that by time I got off the bike last night it would be the end of one of the most enjoyable Tuesday night rides of the year.  For me personally everything went right and I felt good.

Silverfox and I headed around, picked up The Cook and drove up the hill to Upper Major Hornbrook where  we parked.  We were met by Dozer.  Due to illness or things unknown to us, no-one else arrived.  We then set off at a steady pace up the new J Brittan Track. Nice riding if not cool in the wind.  Earflaps would of been good.  About 150m from the top.  Cook punctured.  From here we went up Broadleaf lane and then u[p the track  to the top of mt Pleasant.  Over the gates, then down to the fence, clambered through the grass and onto the track.  Flowed down here at a steady pace, hardly missing the track amongst the tussocks.  Bumped into  a group where this meets Greenwood who were riding up the way we had come down....fooolsss.  We then tackled Greenwood at pace.  I had seen a rider going onto it earlier and as we hit the track I started seeing glimpses of him.  I thought I could catch him so I chased.  I knew Silverfox and Dozer were on my tail so the chase began.  Closing the gap steadily, finally catching him at gloomy gulch.  He pulled over to let me past and I said " Thanks but we are regrouping here" and then I turnt around to talk to Silverfox and then said "Feck where are they". Waited then The Cook came and said Silverfox punctured.  We waited until we saw them then set off down the hill.  Flying high.  Nearing the double rock section I though I am gonna get this, slipped down a few gears and glided in around the bend, bleeding off some speed and cranked it as I started up the rock.  perfect idea.  Cleaned it while gaining speed then blasted the next one and down to the road.  Regrouped here.  We then spun at a steady pace up the road. I used a gear ratio I had never used and it worked perfectly for me.  We spun up and I thought Feck we are here already. At the mt Pleasant intersection we hit the NEW JB line down.  Quick flow down here and back to the vans feeling great.  The Cook rode down from here while the rest of us drove home.

I loved the ride or have I said that!!!

No comments: